Junkys Christmas Specials
· It’s a list all of the Rankin Bass Christmas claymation movies ever made! Classic Christmas Claymation Movies. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer () Not their best claymation Christmas special. Pinocchio can’t buy his dad a present.
It’s not so much weird as a little boring. IN CONCLUSION Pinocchio’s Christmas. · Anything claymation from the s (Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Claus), the Charlie Brown Christmas Special, and somehow the California Raisins are among the most instantly recognized animated holiday Author: Donna Dickens. · So in honor of the dead animation medium that brightened our long-gone '80s childhoods, here's our list of the top five claymation and stop-motion holiday specials.
5. Santa Claus Is Comin' to Author: Ric Delgado. · That style, better known as Claymation, was already award-winning and at the peak of its cultural currency—thanks in no small part to one of Vinton Studios’ greatest creations, The California Raisins, which were featured in the Christmas special.(The studio, smartly, minimized the use of the marquee stars, using the special as a showcase of its animation instead.).
Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town 'Tis the season to enjoy the timeless holiday classics in The Original Christmas Specials Collection featuring five unforgettable stories. Produced by Rankin/Bass, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Comin' To Town and The Little Drummer Boy feature iconic "Animagic" stop-motion animation and Frosty the Snowman and Cricket on the Hearth are /5(K).
· For some viewers, Christmas specials mean one thing only: claymation. Stop-motion animation with clay figurines took America by storm in the '80s and, thanks to this very weird, very fun special.
· A Claymation Christmas Celebration. The California Raisins went from dried fruit mascot to collectible toy to pop-culture sensation. This special, which premiered on the same night as A Garfield Christmas, saw the singing, stop-motion Raisins performing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," but the segment most likely remembered was a clever "Carol of the Bells" played by the.
· Most Christmas TV specials are fairly straightforward: sing songs, light trees, learn the true meaning of Christmas, maybe save Santa.
In some cases, however, these specials can. Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Email When we think about “animated Christmas TV specials,” our minds drift to the likes of Charlie Brown, Frosty, Rudolph and yeah, even Garfield, because we’re never gonna let it go with that one.
Of course, the wealth of Christmas cartoons runs. · For Gen X-ers especially, those stop-motion animated specials made by the Rankin/Bass studios in the s and ’70s are like the Saturday-morning Schoolhouse Rock shorts: lessons taught early and often, and set to memorable songs that can’t play more than a few bars without opening floodgates of nostalgia.
They’re thoroughly dated and yet not dated at all, quaint yet influential (it’s. Directed by Nick Donkin, Melodie McDaniel. With William S. Burroughs, Susan Ashline, Dayton Bard, Jon Blumb. Burroughs takes down a book and reads us the story of Danny the Carwiper, who spends Christmas Day trying to score a fix, but finds the Christmas spirit instead.
My favorite Christmas Special Ever. · Directed by Will Vinton. With Tim Conner, Johnny Counterfit, Greg Black, Bernadette Coughlin.
Two hosting prehistoric dinosaurs, Rex and Herb, guide you along a typical small town's Christmas choral celebration. There's just one catch, the entire town population is made out of clay. Special guest stars: the California Raisins. Part claymation and part live action, The Junky s Christmas, depicts a story by William S. Burroughs written in Danny the car wiper, a desperate character who has just been released from jail on the upper west side of Manhattan, searches for a fix on a cold Christmas liu-1.rus: The Junky's Christmas is a short story by William S.
liu-1.ru originally appears in the collection Interzone and on the album Spare Ass Annie and Other Tales. It was later adapted into short claymation film and a spoken word version was performed through a collaboration between William S.
Burroughs and Kurt Cobain. The Junky's Christmas () - A Claymation Collaboration Between William S. Burroughs and Kurt Cobain. Christmas specials, episodes, and movies released between and Back inthe Beat writer William S. Burroughs wrote and narrated a 21 minute claymation Christmas film. And, as you can well imagine, it's not your normal happy Christmas flick. Nope, this film – The Junky's Christmas – is all about Danny the Carwiper, a junkie, who spends Christmas Day trying to score a fix.
Eventually he finds the Christmas spirit when he shares some morphine with a. Christmas-related specials. Dates and networks shown correspond to the special's first telecast. Amahl and the Night Visitors (/NBC) (most of the cast members stayed with this production until ); Amahl and the Night Visitors (/NBC) (all-new production); Amahl and the Night Visitors (/NBC) (all-new production); Babes in Toyland (); Babes in Toyland ().
· If you have even the most passing knowledge of the life and work of William S. Burroughs, nothing should seem more out of the ordinary than finding the author of surreal heroin tomes nodding pensively at the beginning of this Francis Ford Coppola-produced short film directed by Nick Donkin and Melodie McDaniel.
I couldn’t help but chuckle watching Burroughs appear in a cozy. Kings and camels sing in this fun version of We Three Kings as preformed in Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas special. This was one of my favorite parts. Th. · 4. A Charlie Brown Christmas. My personal favorite among the Charlie Brown holiday specials. 5. Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer 6. Mickey's Christmas Carol. The best version of the classic Christmas Carol story. 7. Jack Frost. This special often goes forgotten but it actually has a beautiful, tragic story.
8. Frosty the Snowman 9. The Little. · Woof, this Christmas episode was a really bad move from liu-1.ru course, it should come as no surprise that a show about witches would miss the mark a bit when it came to Christmas. Bewitched actually did several Christmas specials without harming anyone, but that all changed in with an episode so offensive that star Elizabeth Montgomery had to make an introduction to please the.
The limp Christmas tree was unforgettable; Lucy's conniving was even better; Snoopy's odd whine and irresistable charm was perfect; Like most of the Charlie Brown specials, there are strange subplots, outstanding characters, and that classically jazzy soundtrack with its affable melody runs through one's head for hours, or days after a viewing. William Burroughs: The Junky Christmas Objective summary This short story of William Burroughs is about Danny the Car Wiper, a Junky, who tries to “score a fix” on Christmas day.
At first he tries to break open someone’s car and steal everything from it, but the owner arrives, so Danny has to flee away. Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Celebration is a Christmas television special originally broadcast on the American CBS TV network on Decem. The special featured stop motion clay animation and was produced and directed by Will liu-1.ru special debuted alongside A Garfield Christmas and the two continued to be aired back to back in subsequent years.
Francis Ford Coppola Presents William S. Burroughs' The Junky's Christmas Part claymation and part live action, The Junky s Christmas, depicts a story by William S. Burroughs written in His story ends in a revelation that even Danny could never have thought possible.
Along with putting up a tree, hanging lights, and making strings of popcorn; watching Claymation Christmas specials was a huge tradition in many homes each holiday season. Back in the day, we didn't have hundreds of channels and streaming services to watch our favorites, we simply had to wait until they came on TV. Waiting on our favorite claymation specials was almost as fun as waiting to. Directed by Jules Bass, Arthur Rankin Jr. With Art Carney, Peggy Cass, Bob McFadden, Ken Jennings.
An Irish sailor is stranded on an island full of Leprechauns and soon finds himself aiding them in protecting their gold from a greedy Hag. · Pinocchio's Christmas is seemingly less in demand than other stop motion specials, premiering on AMC on Dec. 2 without any repeats currently listed. But check back throughout the. Also inBurroughs collaborated with another artist plagued by addiction, entering a studio in Lawrence, Kansas with Kurt Cobain to read an earlier version of “The Junky’s Christmas” titled “The ‘Priest’ They Called Him.” (Hear it in the fan-made video above.) This version of the story also has the suitcase full of severed legs, but this time the recipient of the junky’s.
· Stop-Motion Christmas Specials, Ranked from Appropriately Festive to Totally Effed Up. The classic holiday treats starring Rudolph, Frosty and. Two hosting prehistoric dinosaurs, Rex and Herb, guide you along a typical small town's Christmas choral celebration.
There's just one catch, the entire town population is made out of clay. Special guest stars: the California Raisins. · The Best Christmas TV Specials: Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.
A special built around a beloved Christmas song (written by J. Fed Coots and Haven Gillespie and first performed on the Eddie Cantor show), this stop-motion show starred Fred Astaire as the narrator and Mickey Rooney as Kris Kringle/Santa Claus.
It’s been a favorite for. “The Junky’s Christmas” begins with William Burroughs, seated by a Christmas tree and fireplace, reading from Interzone. (The recording is the same as that found on the Spare Ass Annie CD.) The black-and-white live action gives way to animation, showing junk-sick Danny trying to break into a car.
11 hours ago · Back in the day, Christmas specials on TV, such as “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” were special not because they were particularly good but because they came on once a year. 1 day ago · ‘Twas two months before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, because they were all momentarily blinded by the wattage from our Christmas tree.
Yes, you read that right: Our Christmas tree came two months early this year. On Nov. 1, as the rest of Wisconsin fell back an hour for the end of daylight savings time, our family leapt forward a month ahead instead.
· The lesser-known sequel to beloved Christmas special How the Grinch Stole Christmas sees the Seussian Grinch seeking to steal another holiday, this time Halloween aka Grinch Night. Instead of. The Junky's Christmas - A short story written and narrated by William S. Burroughs in claymation form about a heroin addict named Danny the Wiper and his search for heroin on Christmas Day.
The narration and musical accompaniment are from an album Burroughs did with the Industrial Hip-Hop group The Disposable Heros of Hiphoprisy called Spare Reviews: The anti-Rankin-Bass Christmas special in every way. Review by Cham ★★★★½.
This is priceless and will probably go into my list of favorite Christmas films, even if it is a short. William S. Burroughs reads his short story of the same name, while it’s played out in claymation. More real and moving than most of the more famous. Christmas Movies and TV Specials: Full Schedule News Our essential Christmas movies and TV specials schedule is your perfect viewing guide this holiday season! · Special PBS KIDS 24/7 Channel Premiere: November 29 at p.m.
ET PBS Stations Premiere: November 30 at a.m. ET Airs December 2, 4, 6, 16, 24, 25, and 27 (Check Local Listings) Tally ho-ho-ho! Please join Nature Cat and his pals for an extra-special, hour-long Christmas movie!
· - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a Christmas stop motion animated television special produced by Rankin/Bass Productions and currently distributed by Universal Television. Wikipedia. The Junky's Christmas is a short claymation film directed by Nick Donkin and Melodie McDaniel. William S. Burroughs wrote the story and narrates the film; he also appears in live-action footage at the beginning and end of the film.
The story or Language English. Watch All of. An adult-oriented, animated tale about a junkie who wanders the streets of New York on Christmas Day looking for a fix. Based on a work by William S. Burroughs, who narrates the story. Co-produced. Christmas Special is a television program that appeared in The Fairly OddParents television special, "Channel Chasers".
1 Information 2 Background 3 See also 4 Trivia 5 Images This show is a parody of various Rankin/Bass stop-motion Christmas Specials, such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Jack Frost and The Year Without a Santa Claus. These specials commonly air on television on family.